CONSULTING PENNSYLVANIA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM
US top consulting firm engaged IBS to assist with the maintenance operations and enhancements for the Commonwealth Workforce development application. CWDS provides a shared data system for documenting, tracking, and reporting workforce development, employment, training, and independent living services that are provided by the Commonwealth of PA.
The system was also required to:
• Improve Customer Access : Meet the needs of each workforce partnering agency and the field case workers
• Provide Agility : Respond effectively and rapidly to future changes in the underlying workforce development programs and supporting technologies
• Enhance Usability : Support the efficient use of a large, diverse user base possessing differing skill levels and accessibility needs
• Reduce Cost : Optimize system performance, minimize maintenance complexity, and reduce production support costs
As a small diverse business and staffing firm, IBS provides Deloitte with resources to augment the project team.
IBS carefully reviews the project team staffing requirements and provided 15 resources to fulfill the project roles, including:
• Database Administrator
• Infrastructure Architect
• .NET architect
• .NET developers
• Business Analysts
• Quality Assurance / Testers
These resources are instrumental in assisting the Deloitte team with design, development, testing, deployment, and production support activities to deliver application releases every 10 weeks.